Students on the Autism Spectrum: Demonstrate your creativity by designing a new sock!
Garrett Cole Nichols
clinton high school
What to Submit
1) Each applicant must submit a sock design using the provided sock design template. Note that all submitted designs become the property of John’s Crazy Socks.
2) In a separate file upload, please include a document that states the following:
- Twitter handle (if applicable)
- Facebook (if applicable)
- Instagram (if applicable)
- Self-certification that the applicant has a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder
- A brief statement of what they will do with the funds if selected
- This is a national scholarship, open to students all over the U.S.
- This scholarship is open to anyone on the Autism Spectrum who is currently attending or will be attending an accredited college or university or a trade school in 2019.
- All winners must agree to participate in promoting the scholarship and the sock he or she designs. Promotions will include participating in social media posts and allowing his or her name and image to be used in those promotions.
Founded by a young man with Down syndrome, John Cronin, and his Dad, Mark X. Cronin,
has a simple mission: spreading happiness. We’re a social enterprise; we have a social and an e-commerce mission and the two are indivisible. Every day, we show what’s possible by hiring people with differing abilities and showing the world what can they do. And they can change the world. We offer over 2,300 different socks that let people express their passions and personalities, and deliver them through fast and personal service. Every package includes some candy and a thank you note from John. Giving back is at the heart of all we do. We donate five percent of earnings to the Special Olympics and raises money for our charity partners through Awareness and Charity Socks.
For this scholarship competition, the John's Crazy socks team wants to see your awesome new idea for a sock.
The best socks:
- Appeal to all genders
- Are fun
On top of winning the scholarship, John’s Crazy Socks will produce the winning sock design then carry the sock in their online store, with a portion of the proceeds going to the John’s Crazy Socks Scholarship Fund. The winner's name will be included in the information on the sock.
Appealing to all Genders
Do What You Love Together
Tell us why coworking spaces are better than traditional offices in a 1-2 minute video.
Code Your Resume
Use your coding skills to create an interactive resume about yourself.